Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 25/10/2018
Work Location: Downtown Toronto
Job Title: Application Development – Application Developer (Advanced)
Bill Rate: $65.00 to $75.00 PH
Job Description : Application Developer – Advanced Position Purpose: An Advanced Application Developer codes, tests and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software. Has experience and competency to work on complex software programs with direction from supervisor. Designs and develops internal business systems/applications or takes primary role in smaller, low risk projects. Communicates and defends design, requirements, feature set, functionality, usability, localization issues, and limitations of subsystem to the team.
Significant independent judgment is used with minimal direction given by supervisor.
– Produce high quality code which is functional and maintainable
– Interact with business sponsors to help gather requirements
– Participate in the development process for gathering requirements, implementing and releasing applications
– Assist the first line support team in supporting the eCommerce suite of applications
– Impart knowledge and benefit of experience to other members of the team
Knowledge and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science
– 3-6 years application development experience
– 3 years experience in application development in the Financial Services industry
Skills and Competencies:
– Able to learn new programming languages quickly and efficiently
– Ability to communicate ideas and take on board the ideas of others
– Knowledge of business line and ability to produce high quality results – would be an asset
– Ability to seek improvements to all aspects of development process
– Knowledge in computing in general and ability to apply outside knowledge to our work – would be an asset
– Can deal with ambiguity and manage requests for change
– Comfortable in high pressure, deadline-oriented environment
– Ability to adapt quickly; function independently when required
– Ability to work effectively with people from outside the IT team
– Creative thinker, breakthrough innovative, ‘out of the box’ thinker
– Ability to learn new things and ask good questions
– Team player, cooperative with good interpersonal skills
Additional Request Comments: Must Have
• University degree in computer science
• Proven experience in working on big and complex project.
• Experience and strong knowledge of object oriented design and design patterns.
• 5+ years of development experience and strong knowledge of Java Spring stack (Dependency Injection, Security, and MVC) and Hibernate.
• Experience with real time and batch integration.
• Strong Database design, development and advance DB performance tuning skills on SQL Server Oracle/Sybase/Db2 or similar databases.
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience on working with version control systems like SVN, GitHub
• Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Maven, Urban Code
Nice to Have
• Experience with building SPARK jobs
• Experience with Big Data
• DevOps experience
• Experience in the financial services industry would be an asset
• Knowledge of equity trading systems
• Experience in Agile projects
• Working with Vendor application.