Senior Full-Stack Developer (Web/Java)
Location Richmond Hill
You will contribute to a massively scalable data platform, that is built on top of a world-class enterpriseplatform, supporting thousands of clients and into the millions of transactions daily.
You are a self-driven senior developer seeking to understand and transform client requirements intocore features of an evolving payment platform, who collaborates with expert team members to enhance user experience within the payment space, and enjoys writing great code!
You challenge yourself to gobeyond the original request and solve the root problem, build test-driven code, embrace newtechnologies and innovate on a fin-tech platform that continues to evolve and expand at a fast pace.
Your exposure will cover areas of JavaEE, Web 2.0, mobile, IVR, micro-services, NoSQL big-datascalability, with ownership to deliver from inception to production through an agile process.
Playing a role in the analysis of challenging projects, proposing designs, and embracing feedbackto build a leading-edge solution.
Working with talented developers from diverse backgrounds, continually learning, and applyingbest practices to development.
Making an impact on a business that translates your efforts directly to production.
Contributing to a team-first agile environment.
Continually learning new technologies, to bring client-focused solutions to production faster.
Mastering your craft as a software engineer, honing your skills in Enterprise Java / Web 2.0development, and distributed, horizontally scalable and containerized architecture built onmicro-services.
Actively contributing to developer communities such as Github, Apache, StackOverflow,TopCoder, Google Developer Groups.
Working intelligently to surpass expectations, while maintaining a work-life balance.
J oining an organization in a rapid growth phase, with career growth opportunities.
This Role’s Requirements :
B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a leading University.
3-5 years of experience with Java development, and/or other object-oriented programminglanguages.
Experience building scalable web applications built around micro-services architecture
1+ years experience with one or more JS frameworks: NodeJS/Express, Angular, React, ExtJS,Vue
Working understanding of relational database and No-SQL database concepts.
A passion for technology, exceeding client expectations, and building great products.
A proven high-performer and team-player, with the ability to take the lead on projects
Exceptional communication skills; strong writing and speaking skills.
Next Level Skills:
– Experience building RESTful services in NodeJS or SpringBoot.
– Java Servlets, and J2EE frameworks such as Spring MVC, Struts 1.x/2.x.
– Docker containerization, Kubernetes container orchestration
– Apache, Nginx, Tomcat 8.x
– 2+ years database experience with Oracle 11g and PL/SQL
– 2+ years NoSQL experience with one of Couchbase, Dynamo, Hbase, InfluxDB, Mongo
– Implementation of a TICK / TIG stack
– JQuery, Freemarker, JSON, XML/XSD, SOAP
– Mobile web development targeting Android / iOS
– Testing frameworks including Selenium, JUnit, Mocha, Jest
– Cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure
– Machine Learning approaches to build UI, eg. chatbots, recommendations
– Eclipse IDE, IntelliJ, WebStorm
– GIT, or similar distributed source control with Mercurial, Subversion, etc.
– .NET experience (integration purposes)
– Familiarity with Linux or BSD
– Demonstrated contributions to software projects in the public realm
What We Offer:
– An environment for continual learning, mentoring, & embracing the best technology for the
– Competitive salary and bonus structure
– A collaborative and supportive environment that encourages innovation, and offers
opportunities to advance your career
– Group Health & Dental Benefits plan
– Family day of your choosing, subsidized
– Discounted Goodlife membership
– Team building events. Eg. Team lunches, group dinners, escape room challenges, axe throwing,
bowling, rock climbing, nerf gun wars, bubble soccer, archery tag.
– Kitchen stocked weekly with premium coffee selections, tea, pops, juices, snacks, chocolates
– Bagel Monday mornings, and catered lunch Fridays
– Ping Pong: challenge a colleague!