Start/End Dates: ASAP – 10/15/2018
Work Location (Tax): Toronto-55 Yonge St, 8th Floor
Job Title: IT – Technical Help Desk – Entry
Job Description: Role Title: Technical Help Desk (Entry)
LOB: Project Management Office – Operational Process Efficiency
Tentative Start Date: ASAP
Bill Rate: $20.00/hr
Duration: 6 months
Work Location: Toronto, 55 Yonge St – 6th Floor
Hours (is there a possibility of OT): Monday-Friday, shifts will fall within 8am-8pm with the latest start time of 12pm. Some overtime may be required, but only on an as-needed basis with manager approval.
Reason the Role is Open: Position is to support national launch of a new project
The primary function of a Help Desk Specialist is to provide technical assistance to computer system users. A typical technical help desk specialist is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer and technical processing problems for clients via telephone.
Group Information: Team is responsible for Operational Process Efficiency, focused primarily on Mortgage products. They are always actively looking for ways to improve the process workflow and systems for the front-line mortgage sales team, which is composed of nearly 1100 sales staff.
• Answer user inquiries regarding computer software to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity • Review user inputs and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors • Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken • Review technical processes, confer with users or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
Daily Duties: Inbound Call Centre environment. Worker will be advising mortgage agents on the use of a newly launched mortgage sales tool, answering any questions or concerns they may have about using it or the new functionality that has been added. Also providing basic technical support, escalating any issues to the technical team.
• 1-2 years of work experience within a call centre environment
• Bilingual – Fluency in both French & English (Position will support sales agents in Quebec)
• Associate’s degree in a computer-related field (or equivalent training/work experience)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
• Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time
Nice to Have:
• Microsoft Excel experience